The Knights Of Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forums for The Knights Of Genesis

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Master Hybrid (707)
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? Vote_lcap2Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? Voting_bar2Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? Vote_rcap2 
Alcanor Story (633)
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? Vote_lcap2Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? Voting_bar2Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? Vote_rcap2 
Master Alahew Kel-Revik (633)
Master Valryn Vynn (553)
Master Kael Sune (448)
Tanis Moon (400)
Chris Stordy (315)
Juranski (290)
JDawg (198)
Axle Steel (174)
Latest topics
» just saying hi
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm by Tanis Moon

» holenderskie domki caloroczne
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:59 pm by Guest

» swinoujscie apartamenty sprzedaz
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm by Guest

» noclegi zamosc cena
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm by Guest

» kolobrzeg apartamenty marta
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm by Guest

» domki letniskowe
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm by Guest

» hotele cieszyn
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm by Guest

» bieszczady domki wetlina
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:47 pm by Guest

» hotele accor w europie
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 pm by Guest

» noclegi wladyslawowo brzozowa
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm by Guest

» Long overdue pics of my Mandalorian Armor
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm by Axle Steel

» A Revival Is In Order..
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm by Master Valryn Vynn

» CHEVEYO (Spirit Warrior)
Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 am by Juranski

Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?

Go down 
+9
Master Daran Hawk
kaos dragon
Geota Lebon
Neiphitus
Edonis
Saven Solo
Master Hybrid
Hype-Rion Halcyon
Awiow_Aekecc
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Awiow_Aekecc
Recruit
Recruit
Awiow_Aekecc

Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? Empty
PostSubject: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:01 am

I just want to know that all
Back to top Go down
Hype-Rion Halcyon
Padawan
Padawan
Hype-Rion Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:47 am

First of all, I would like to ask you, what do you mean, when you say, Gray Jedi? There are many people who like the idea of them mainly because it has spread as a popular theme without much explaining what they actually are and what are their philosophies and how do they differ. So please explain that first.
Second, I would suggest you to re-size your avatar. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Awiow_Aekecc
Recruit
Recruit
Awiow_Aekecc

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:15 am

I mean like can a jedi do dark things but stay in the lightside of the force
Back to top Go down
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:02 pm

Well, Grey Jedi are nromally not associated with the Jedi Order, that's what makes them Grey Jedi, if that's what you're asking.
Back to top Go down
Hype-Rion Halcyon
Padawan
Padawan
Hype-Rion Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:10 pm

I think he meant to use Dark side powers and do dark things. While, Master Hybrid, only the more radical of those considered Gray Jedi were not a part of the order, like Jolee Bindo, who defied the council by marrying and continuing to be a Jedi. There are numerous examples of Gray Jedi in the order, but they have nothing to do with the Dark Side, they just followed a slightly different philosophy than the more orthodox Jedi, especially the council, encouraged. Qui-Gon Jin would be an example, while Jolee Bindo would be an extreme example. Both, however, discouraged the Dark side, and fought hard to help others. Just remember Bindo and Juhaani, how they turned on Revan if he choose the dark side just before the fight on the Star Forge.
Back to top Go down
Saven Solo
Recruit
Recruit
Saven Solo

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:36 pm

I don't think so!
Back to top Go down
Edonis
Padawan
Padawan
Edonis

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Plus, there are consequences to using the Dark Side. The more a Jedi touches the Dark Side, the harder it is for them to stop from using it. It's addictive which is why Yoda stated that once someone starts going down the dark path, forever will it consume your destiny. It is not something to be dabbled with, because the moment you believe you are immune to it, you are already endanger of falling.
Back to top Go down
Neiphitus
Recruit
Recruit
Neiphitus

Location : sitting on the floor of the Jedi Temple, waiting haha

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 6:02 pm

A gray jedi is not a dark side user, they are merely trained force users, whose philosophy of the Force differs from the Jedi and the Council, they are primarily ex-jedi Knights, who have been in war, and had to do things that to their strict honor code, made them feel they were not worthy of being a Jedi, so they leave to find themselves, to rediscover the Force if you will.
Back to top Go down
Geota Lebon
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:28 pm

While it is not my place I tend to agree with Master Vrook in KOTOR 2. It is not the use of dark powers that send a person to the dark side, it is a lack of control that does. So if you have some self control, and if you are a master or knight I would suggest only one, and use it only a very few times that way it would not completely consume you. My main point is have some self control, and in all honestly try and not have a dark side power it consumes your force pool and could leave you with no way to defend yourself.
Back to top Go down
kaos dragon
Recruit
Recruit
kaos dragon

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:11 pm

the use of dark side powers do not lead to the dark side, is more than just use power, is they way you used and why, master plo koon once use the force of lightning and he dosen't fall to the dar side.

on the gray jedi I think those are trained in the ways of the force but they see the dark side and light side as part of a whole and do not take any side they just use the force of both sides
Back to top Go down
Hype-Rion Halcyon
Padawan
Padawan
Hype-Rion Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Plo Koon is the exception that confirms the rule. It can happen that someone uses a dark side power without fueling it with Passion or Emotions, but that is extremely rare. That said, to use a dark side power might not lead directly to the dark side, but it does eventually. If the power was taught to you by a Jedi, so that it doesn't fuel on the emotions which lead to the dark side, it can be a good beginning. That, when you practice that power, you don't practice on life and living beings, probably not even dead, which makes drain life impossible to use and not stray from the light. Then, after years of study and safe practice, you might be able to control them enough so you don't kill. Hurting others and killing gets you to the dark side eventually, and almost all dark side powers hurt and kill.
Back to top Go down
Master Daran Hawk
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Daran Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Let's also consider for one moment the meaning of "Jedi". The literal translation of which is "Lightbringer" if memory serves me correctly. Since a Gray or Dark Jedi does not serve the Light side of the Force, but rather seeks balance or dabbles in both sides of the force they are not TRUE Jedi in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Edonis
Padawan
Padawan
Edonis

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:40 am

For those who may not realize, you can tap into the dark side without using a dark side power. You can do it simply using Force Push. It's just what side of the Force you end up reaching to when you call upon Force powers. That is why Jedi avoid emotions like anger, fear, and hate, why they seek balance and harmony with all things. These emotions can easily cause someone to accidentally pull from the dark side of the Force. Too many accidents like that can lead you down the dark path.
Back to top Go down
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:01 am

So, what exactly is a gray Jedi?
Back to top Go down
RK-72
Training Droid
Training Droid
RK-72

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:17 am

it was explained several times on the other posts Alcanor. i think about five. It boils down to grey Jedi being force users that follow a different philosophy than the order, some becoming outcasts because of it.
Back to top Go down
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Well, at least your definition was a bit more concise and free of all the clout.
Back to top Go down
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:25 am

Seems the new question is ‘Can Sith be in the Jedi Order’? Them rodents keep poppin up all over!
Back to top Go down
http://animatedmatt@aol.com
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Whoa s*#$, something's wrong with the post count. If anyone else notices their count or rep drop or rise tell me, I'm digging through the admin panels and I can't find anything. And the only people who had it drop (significantly) that I can see are Alahew and Alcanor. It's probably a random glitch or something, that happens every once in a while when you moderate this site on something big like more categories. I'm hoping it'll balance out tomorrow or something.
Back to top Go down
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 12:14 am

Hybrid probally deleted a bunch of our posts so he could remain top dog for a little bit longer. To bad his ancient age will be his undoing.
Back to top Go down
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:56 pm

I really hope you're joking, I could care less who's name shows up on the top of a useless list on the side of our page. (assuming you're not joking, I had a crappy day and I'm ready to kill something) I'm still looking through the history and trying to see what happened, so just be glad I am. Deleting 30 something posts, that'd be almost as much of a waste of time as exerting oneself to actually get the count, which is what you did pretty much, post the same one sentence in numerous topics.

Anyway, I'm still looking around but in the meantime you two could can just open up a spam thread in a dark corner of a forum and post uselessly until you get back up to where you were, Al with 503 and Alahew with 507.
Back to top Go down
Master Valryn Vynn
Master Of The Order
Master Of The Order
Master Valryn Vynn

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:03 am

Indeed. Im gone for two days and alot of posts are missing, from myself and others. Hopefully things will be restored soon, as such things can be quite frustrating to people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?   Can gray jedi be in the jedi order? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can gray jedi be in the jedi order?
Page 1 of 1