The Knights Of Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forums for The Knights Of Genesis

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Master Hybrid (707)
Suggestion to the Council Vote_lcap2Suggestion to the Council Voting_bar2Suggestion to the Council Vote_rcap2 
Alcanor Story (633)
Suggestion to the Council Vote_lcap2Suggestion to the Council Voting_bar2Suggestion to the Council Vote_rcap2 
Master Alahew Kel-Revik (633)
Master Valryn Vynn (553)
Master Kael Sune (448)
Tanis Moon (400)
Chris Stordy (315)
Juranski (290)
JDawg (198)
Axle Steel (174)
Latest topics
» just saying hi
Suggestion to the Council EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm by Tanis Moon

» holenderskie domki caloroczne
Suggestion to the Council EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:59 pm by Guest

» swinoujscie apartamenty sprzedaz
Suggestion to the Council EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm by Guest

» noclegi zamosc cena
Suggestion to the Council EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm by Guest

» kolobrzeg apartamenty marta
Suggestion to the Council EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm by Guest

» domki letniskowe
Suggestion to the Council EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm by Guest

» hotele cieszyn
Suggestion to the Council EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm by Guest

» bieszczady domki wetlina
Suggestion to the Council EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:47 pm by Guest

» hotele accor w europie
Suggestion to the Council EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 pm by Guest

» noclegi wladyslawowo brzozowa
Suggestion to the Council EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm by Guest

» Long overdue pics of my Mandalorian Armor
Suggestion to the Council EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm by Axle Steel

» A Revival Is In Order..
Suggestion to the Council EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm by Master Valryn Vynn

» CHEVEYO (Spirit Warrior)
Suggestion to the Council EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 am by Juranski

Suggestion to the Council

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tanis Moon
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Tanis Moon

Suggestion to the Council Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion to the Council   Suggestion to the Council EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:11 pm

I have thought of an idea that i thought should be heard by the Council.

I suggest that there should be a forum strictly for Promotions in the guild. When a Padawan becomes a Jedi Knight or when a jedi Knight becomes a Jedi Master. So on and so forth.

It could be called the Hall of Knighthood. or whatever you think.

- Jedi Knight Tanis Moon
Back to top Go down
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion to the Council   Suggestion to the Council EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:10 pm

I too think such a section should be created. Promotion is a very important subject that does not hold the weight that it should, especially when regarding Knighthood. Important ceremonial activities should be kept as such. Our other older site, with our chat room, has a promotions section where the GrandMaster would stand with the other Masters in a circle. The Knighting ceremony seemed very specific as well, which made the moment that much more memorable to the one receiving the honor. I agree that promotions should again have a section here on the Holonet.
Back to top Go down
http://animatedmatt@aol.com
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion to the Council   Suggestion to the Council EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:34 pm

It seems that the Hall of Knighthood has been created. I thank those of you responsible and humbly ask that, for future promotions, a more structured and ceremonial style replace what has previously transpired. I politely request that, instead of only notifying others of a promotion having already occurred, a proper full assembly be present and create a full event out of the promotion that will truly be a memorable one for the person being honored. Thank you for hearing mine and my Master’s thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion to the Council   Suggestion to the Council EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:40 pm

That's the way I always thought of it as well. Maybe it was because there were no Knights at the time, but mine and Koren's Knighthood were a huge deal. It was an amazing feeling I can tell you that, I was pumped all day when I saw that post before heading out the door to school. "Hybrid's Knighting", man that was awesome, and I hope we always have Knighthood be like that to everyone, and hopefully raise our standards some.

And yeah you're welcome, it was a good idea and I love doing admin stuff anyway, keeps me busy.
Back to top Go down
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion to the Council   Suggestion to the Council EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Perhaps the Hall of knighthood should be changed so it can also recognize promotions above Knight, as in master and council positions.
Back to top Go down
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion to the Council   Suggestion to the Council EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Well, I could just add a forum underneath the Category for advances to Mastership, it'd likely be very vacant though. Not saying that's a bad thing, if there's one thing that makes a Guild stagnant, it's having too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Back to top Go down
Master Valryn Vynn
Master Of The Order
Master Of The Order
Master Valryn Vynn

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion to the Council   Suggestion to the Council EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 12:24 am

True, but when we start pulling out the reserves *points to freezer and the initiates in cold storage* we wont have to worry about having too few peons. We will finally be able to send waves and waves of our own Jedi at the enemy until they either tire out or surrender. Though Alcanor's idea would most likely be an approvement, you are right in saying it would be unncessary at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion to the Council   Suggestion to the Council EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Allright, cools. And do we have soda in the cold-storage? Anyhow, yeps, just keep it in mind, because it would be a cool addition. I hope we can get some more awesome ideas, along with helpful motions for the entire guild.
Back to top Go down
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion to the Council   Suggestion to the Council EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 2:40 am

I would have to disagree with this suggestion as I am inclined to believe that the promotion to Council seat holder is a much more private and unique ceremony. The advancement to Knighthood should, in my opinion, be a celebrated right of passage; where as the Council is a small and private group that allows admission into the secret aspects of Jedi affairs. This is when I would agree with a simple notification to the rest of the guild of a promotion and suitable probation onto the Council. Perhaps a memorable and suitable event may be carried out behind closed doors for the one being promoted to Council member, but as far as the rest of the guild is concerned it should only be a calm and cool congratulating hand shake to the one promoted.

As far as the promotion to Master yet not on the Council, I would be inclined to find a happy medium to the open celebration of Knighthood and the private admission of Council member.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion to the Council   Suggestion to the Council Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion to the Council
Page 1 of 1