The Knights Of Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forums for The Knights Of Genesis

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Master Hybrid (707)
A New Dawn, A New Name Vote_lcap2A New Dawn, A New Name Voting_bar2A New Dawn, A New Name Vote_rcap2 
Alcanor Story (633)
A New Dawn, A New Name Vote_lcap2A New Dawn, A New Name Voting_bar2A New Dawn, A New Name Vote_rcap2 
Master Alahew Kel-Revik (633)
Master Valryn Vynn (553)
Master Kael Sune (448)
Tanis Moon (400)
Chris Stordy (315)
Juranski (290)
JDawg (198)
Axle Steel (174)
Latest topics
» just saying hi
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm by Tanis Moon

» holenderskie domki caloroczne
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:59 pm by Guest

» swinoujscie apartamenty sprzedaz
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm by Guest

» noclegi zamosc cena
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm by Guest

» kolobrzeg apartamenty marta
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm by Guest

» domki letniskowe
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm by Guest

» hotele cieszyn
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm by Guest

» bieszczady domki wetlina
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:47 pm by Guest

» hotele accor w europie
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 pm by Guest

» noclegi wladyslawowo brzozowa
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm by Guest

» Long overdue pics of my Mandalorian Armor
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm by Axle Steel

» A Revival Is In Order..
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm by Master Valryn Vynn

» CHEVEYO (Spirit Warrior)
A New Dawn, A New Name EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 am by Juranski

A New Dawn, A New Name

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Master Valryn Vynn
Master Of The Order
Master Of The Order
Master Valryn Vynn

A New Dawn, A New Name Empty
PostSubject: A New Dawn, A New Name   A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:15 am

Greetings My fellow Jedi of this Order. For the longest time we have rallied together under this beloved banner, following the teachings of those before us while forever chasing the dream of our first Grandmaster and the vision he sought to create. It has been a long running, but it has become all to obvious that the Order Morelann once reigned has long died. The Splitting of our Order and the creation of The Order of Ashla crippled this once lively collection of Jedi. For us to blindly attempt to breathe life into this dead flame would be to forever submit ourselves to the past.

A new Era has come to this Order and its members. An Era of communication, of unity, compassion, and acceptance. We must step out of the shadow of The Jedi Order and in doing so, recognize ourselves for what we are: unique. I come to you now, as does your new Grandmaster, not as the Council seeking to rule over you, but as friends who want to forge a place where we can all be satisfied with what we see. For too long in our history has the power to change belonged in the hands of the greedy, power hungry and politic bound. It is high time the power was returned to those who deserve it: the members themselves, to all of you.

To do that, we must start anew, and find a place of sollace and tranquility. It is time to leave the Jedi Order behind and find our true home, one that we can truly call our own. All ideas and suggestions are welcome, and we will never reject your freedom to state your mind. Simply place the name you find worthy of this exceptional group of people and the Guild itself will rise and choose its new name. I thank you for giving Myself and Master Hybrid the oppurtunity to make this guild our own at last and may the Force be with us all.

Last edited by Master Valryn Vynn on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

PostSubject: Re: A New Dawn, A New Name   A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:49 am

My friends, the road ahead of us is long, and corroded with false footsteps that we've followed in circles since the dawn of our very creation, which has now been lost in forgotten memories of generations long deceased. As a few of you may remember, this topic was brought up once before. I was very against the idea of giving up our identities as the Jedi Order, the banner I had fought under for my entire time here.

Sadly, conditions have changed. Morelann's legacy, the bloodline of the entire First Council, have all died out. The Guild I once served with so much dedication, zeal, and passion, is now nothing but ash under the stagggering foundation we wander across. My fellow Guildmates, Jedi brethren, Knights of the Old Republic, I am here to tell you all, that our banner is ours to forge. And we must forge it if we are to raise this ember to the inferno that should have lit the sky with our mark so long ago. Recruit, revive, recieve, rebuild, reconstruct, replenish, the track is ours to finish. The Guild has undergone radical evolution since it's beginning, as has it's leader, and I am adamantly confident that both are ready to stand firm, and move forward.
The legacy is yours.

May The Force Be With Us All.

-Grandmaster Hybrid
Back to top Go down
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

PostSubject: Re: A New Dawn, A New Name   A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Comrades, fellow Jedi, my brothers and sisters... children and elderly, master and apprentice... I beseach you. I ask of you to listen, to open your eyes, your ears, your minds, hearts and souls. Look around us, around you, and gaze upon what we all have accomplished, of what we have created in the name of the Order. From our oldest members, to the newest initiates, we all revel in the great tradition of the Jedi Order.

This very order has survived so much, suffered so much, been struggling for the longest time. We were left to flounder, to fend for ourselves whilst our former leaders abandoned us. The very heart of the Order ripped out when the Split happened, when those entrusted with our very wellbeing cowardly and venomously betrayed us, left us to die. Well look at us, for it was we who survived, not them. Their break-away orders crumbled, fell asunder as they had wished unto us. Those of old, the former Council, tried to tear us apart piece by piece, to envelope us in the flames and corruption of the Dark side.

The times were hard, so rocky and unstable, perilous and unknown, our very future unsure, to even the new sucession of leaders. As Master Morelanne took the reigns, stood up from the number of other Jedi, he brought us back to bear, afloat among the sea of cinders. When he was here, and in the times of old, he was a good man, a proud man. We owe our very existance to him in part, for him choosing to stay, to continue what the others had abandoned. The Split was catastrophic, bringing great harm and misery, but with his help, we survived. Morelanne saw it fit to keep this very Order running, with the help of such dedicated and loving others.

Two men stood out more than any other, these strong, wise masters, that brought life back into our hearts. Master Hybrid, and Master Senron, two of the original padawans, their very essence still present within the coursing veins of the Order. Our stay here, is due to both these men's hard perseverence, their hard, dedicated, unyielding work. From cascading reform, new ideas, the guild's repair, rebuilding, and rededication, we've come farther, higher, and faster than ever before. Yet, their ideas could not have been passed without the help of not only the Order, but the Second & Third Council as well. Yet, it was Hybrid and Senron that were the leader's that gave us direction, that saw the carrot at the end of the stick, and lead us to the gleaming future.

The Councils, those elected to help guide, lead, and serve us, the Order. Their shear will and determination lead to the creation of not only the Order's charter, but also the threads that help increase new recruitment. Their forethought allowed for severe problems to stay small before they could ever harm us. Master Sune, Vynn, Kel-Revik, Akasha Ti, Hawk, and even Mistress Livi helped bring helpful and positive change. Not only was their judgement in reform well minded and helpful, but also the mercy, and wisdom they showed in punishment and reward as well. Their love and care given to the Order, the heart and passion given from their very own body to help sustain our Order. I offer me deepest thanks to not only these great leaders, but to also Hybrid and Senron.

Yet, here we stand, upon yet another precible, a knifes edge. As Master Senron has stepped down, Master Hybrid has taken the position, and its burdens, of Grandmaster. This new era is ours, belongs solely to us, and our decendants, our future padawans, knights, and masters. We are Jedi, the proud bloodline of those who survived, who perceviered, who overcame. Our Order is the greatest and strongest ever created, and that ever shall be. We've been dealt numerous blow, from leader leaving, to far off release dates. But, we remain, we survive, we are Jedi. Comrades, look about you, look at these very words, and know this, forever and infinitely, that we shall be the Jedi Order.

So, that is why I motion that we do not change our name, that we do not abandon our past. We need to remember always of who and what we are. To say that we are to shed our honor, our name, our culture, and history, is unfathomable. We are not a smoldering ash, a broken diamond, we are a gleaming gem, the blazing inferno of a star, trying to be hidden away, to be forgotten. I came here in the Jedi Order, you came here to the Jedi Order, our masters came to The Jedi Order, their masters did, and so will our new generations and the next. We shall forever be the Jedi Order, in this time, and in the next. Long live the Jedi Order.
Back to top Go down
Master Valryn Vynn
Master Of The Order
Master Of The Order
Master Valryn Vynn

PostSubject: Re: A New Dawn, A New Name   A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Just giving this a bump, as it is a very important issue. Everyone needs to think hard on this, and any opinions are welcomed. Your Grand Master and myself are here to serve the Order and its members. Again, just as a reminder: we are not changing sites, we are determined to remain here with the work we have struggled to create. All that is changing is our name, something that chances are we would have had to change come game release. Think hard and well on it my friends. As your Grand Master put so well, this legacy is yours.
Back to top Go down
JDawg
Padawan
Padawan
JDawg

PostSubject: Re: A New Dawn, A New Name   A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:36 am

I have no long and purely thought out response but I do have an opinion that I would like to put out. I agree with Alcanor that we shouldn't change the name. My reasoning is that since we are keeping the site its "taint" from the past remains even if we use a name change to cover it up. the past is in the past let us leave it there and forge a future that shows we have over come the trials of the past and are a better guild because of what we have over come. A name change would mean we are afraid of the past and wish it gone. It will remain though as will we as long as we desire. Hard times are upon each of us for very different reasons and each will have its own out come. Let us continue to fight through each struggle as if we had some thing to prove. That is my feelings on this subject.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dawn, A New Name   A New Dawn, A New Name EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:29 am

*cheers on what master alcanor said*

members of the jedi order i am here to tell you and talk with you

since i came here last year things have been slow and uneventful and i have taken a while to adjust to the many changes from the split to the different councils and masters. just last year i finally after a long pateint wait i got my first master Battlemaster Alahew Kel Revik, and what a master was he, great in battle and intelligent at best, he taught me many of the things that has made me what i am now and why i stay, yes even i was away for a time but like alcanor and jdawg said, "dwell not on the past" and look towards the future, yes this guild has been through much and that taint is here, but we can remove that taint, by learning from the past mistakes and making better decsions to help improve this guild. Yes we are small yet we are strong, like a wise jedi once said, "size matters not" and with that i agree size does not matter, it is the will and determination of this guild and its rightful leaders that have kept it together, and now those rghtful people lead this guild and glad i am. But i say to you, and every jedi young and old hold on tight and endure the ride, we can do this, we have came through this long and we can go longer, i promise you that, we need to as each individual pick up our own reins and push forward and strive for excellence, we are THE JEDI ORDER we are what we make things, a new name we could use, i dont have any ideas of yet, but maybe later. But my jedi brethren we must hold on and go with the flow, always changing is the future, cannot see what each day brings we cannot, so we must go, day to day, week to week, and hope that good and plentifulness will come out of this guild. As i close i will say this, we are what has made the jedi order what it is, the good and the bad, the weak and the strong, so therefor hold on my fellow jedi comrads LONG LIVE THE JEDI ORDER!!!!!!

*STEPPING DOWN OFF THE STAGE*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Dawn, A New Name   A New Dawn, A New Name Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Dawn, A New Name
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Knights Of Genesis :: Council Chambers :: Council Discussion-
Jump to: