The Knights Of Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forums for The Knights Of Genesis

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Master Hybrid (707)
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master Vote_lcap2New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master Voting_bar2New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master Vote_rcap2 
Alcanor Story (633)
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master Vote_lcap2New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master Voting_bar2New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master Vote_rcap2 
Master Alahew Kel-Revik (633)
Master Valryn Vynn (553)
Master Kael Sune (448)
Tanis Moon (400)
Chris Stordy (315)
Juranski (290)
JDawg (198)
Axle Steel (174)
Latest topics
» just saying hi
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm by Tanis Moon

» holenderskie domki caloroczne
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:59 pm by Guest

» swinoujscie apartamenty sprzedaz
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm by Guest

» noclegi zamosc cena
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm by Guest

» kolobrzeg apartamenty marta
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm by Guest

» domki letniskowe
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm by Guest

» hotele cieszyn
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm by Guest

» bieszczady domki wetlina
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:47 pm by Guest

» hotele accor w europie
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 pm by Guest

» noclegi wladyslawowo brzozowa
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm by Guest

» Long overdue pics of my Mandalorian Armor
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm by Axle Steel

» A Revival Is In Order..
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm by Master Valryn Vynn

» CHEVEYO (Spirit Warrior)
New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 am by Juranski

New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master Empty
PostSubject: New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master   New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:31 am

Earlier this month we had a council meeting regarding the ranking up process for Jedi Knights & Masters. Several Council members felt there needed to be more especially for becoming a Master on the Council. Below is the process in which a Padawan will take to Jedi Knight and a Jedi Knight will take to Master. This process was voted and accepted by the council and as of today all members will be subject to when being promoted.

Exam Process
Once a padawan is ready to take his trials he does so but before he is knighted he must have a one on one Exam with every Master on the Council; either by private conversation or by pm on the forums. Each individual Master on the Council will have his/her one on one Exam with you and report their findings to the council, once every council member has done this the Grand Master will then begin his exam period which will be followed by a mission if he deems it necessary. Once this process has been completed the Grand Master will notify the Master of the padawan that they can go through with the Knighting Ceremony. If a padawan fails these exam the Council will make a decision on a case by case basis what is to be done whether it be a short retrain, another mission, a private chat, etc. This will in no case banish the padawan if they fail their exam period just shows us whether they are ready or not for the title of Jedi Knight.

For the rank of Master a Jedi Knight follows the same procedures above except the exams are much harder and are geared towards the responsibilities & duties of the rank to be held and after the Exam each Master on the Council will give the Knight a personal mission to be executed. The Council will have their members begin one at a time so that the Knight is not overwhelmed with several missions at once; once all exams & missions are completed the Grand Master will have the option to just giving an exam , assigning the Knight a mission , or both. Once the Grand Master has finished the Council will have a meeting and the voting/debating period will begin.

This process is to allow it to be more of a challenge to reach each rank within the Order and give some sense of accomplishment as well.

EXAMPLE:

I am Padawan Joe Snuffy's Master, he is coming to the end of his training to the time when I believe he should be Knighted. I approach the Council tell them he is ready and from there the Council will begin their Exam period ( which could be a series of questions, an explanation of when specific trials were completed during their training, & how they would perform in their duties as a Jedi Knight. The questions will be forever changing ), once every Council member has completed their exam the Grand Master will begin his and if he so requires will send the Padawan on a mission. Once completed the Council will meet and if the padawan is deemed ready they will inform the master that he is to be Knighted. I do not foresee a padawan failing the exam period now but upon game release our numbers will swell and we will need a process to weed out the deserving and the not deserving.

If anyone would need any further explaing I will be happy to do so.

Last edited by Kael Sune on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

PostSubject: Re: New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master   New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:41 pm

This is a worthy idea, but I have my discrepencies with this newest motion. While it does seem fair, it effectively takes the Padawan's master out of the process, and in technicallity, once a person is picked by a master to become a padawan, couldn't they in theory attempt to take the knight trials? I have no lack of faith in the ruling council, nor any current masters, yet, it seems you have little or no faith in your Knights, in the trainers of the younger groups. While this could be pure speculation and mis-interpretation, I feel as if something is bothering you all. These measures seem drastic steps away from the Jedi Code, and call into question not only your ruling ability, but your faith in the Code as well. I mean this with the utmost respect, but these are grave and radical changes. Please bear with me, for I could just be overthinking this entire thing, but I want to be sure that these are not a sign of things to come.

Sincerely,
Knight Alcanor Story.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master   New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:33 pm

l take the time to explain, do you remember in Episode I when Qui Gon says Obi Wan is ready for the Trials and Yoda tells him " Our own council we will keep on who is ready" . This system specifically represent the Jedi Code, and as such has the Council doing part of what they should be doing. We fully trust the Jedi Knight in our order and are not taking anything away but just adding to.

All this system does is actually give our padawans a Trials, which has not been the case for some. It is more to our benefit then not.

Alcanor I have edited my post adding an example for you and others, id like you to read over the example before any further posting. And one more thing please do not be so quick to assume what the council is doing or that we are incapable. I promise you i will not pass on something nor condone it if it violates the code ( which I think I've already proven before ) and I assure you that you'll get the explanation you wish if you only ask my friend.
Back to top Go down
Master Valryn Vynn
Master Of The Order
Master Of The Order
Master Valryn Vynn

PostSubject: Re: New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master   New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Members of the Council *bows*

I believe that the idea itself is one of good will, and certainly worth giving a try. I believe that Alcanor simply assumed that we would be removing the master and padawan setting. While the exams would be carreid out by each individual Councilor, the training itself will remain with the master. Padawans must rely on their masters to explain the basic ideas of becoming a Jedi. The Padawan will still turn to their master for advice, training, and learning. What they are implying is that when the master feels that the Padawan in question is ready to assume the mantle of Jedi Knight, the Council is to be informed by the master and will procede to decide if they are ready. To that end, a series of tests and questions will be presented to the Padawan from each Council member in an orderly fashion. When these are complete, the Council will share their findings and make a final decision before alerting the master. No one shall be replaced, and no lines will be over stepped. The Council is just taking a more active role in the promotion of its Knights and Masters, something they should be doing. Im sure that if anyone has any questions on the matter, any of the Council members would be happy to explain it to you in more detail.

I thank you for hearing me out in this occasion.
Back to top Go down
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

PostSubject: Re: New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master   New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:49 pm

I would have to agree, this is just what we need in this Order; more activity and input by the Council and Masters. The more we progress lately, the more everyone is taking a more active and attending role in matters and it gladdens me. This seems more like the way things were; with the Master (Knight or Master) training their respective Padawan just the same as it has been, then bringing him/her before the Council, and declaring full readiness for the 'Trials'. The 'Trials' have been somewhat lacking for same and such achievement into Knighthood means so much more when one overcomes and tests themselves. It is a proving, not only to the Council, but to themselves; giving a sense of earning into the new responsibilities of the given title. As I learned that training did not contribute to one's trials, so I came to believe that missions should not alone prove someone's worth. While someone's day to day actions do give a sense of who that person really is, one on one tests geared towards that person's weaknesses or general direction of promise truly prepares the person for the set position. I am in total support of this previously voted on matter, and am very satisfied with this suggestion and how it is to be carried out. May the Force guide the Council in its consistency to uphold the bar for each individual. All respect due is given, and thank you for hearing my words...
Back to top Go down
http://animatedmatt@aol.com
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

PostSubject: Re: New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master   New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:43 am

I understand, thankyou for clarification. I appreciate the effort being put into making the guild a better place. I wish the council the best of luck in the future. May the force be with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master   New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master Empty

Back to top Go down

New Process for Promotion to Jedi Knight & Master
Page 1 of 1