The Knights Of Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forums for The Knights Of Genesis

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Master Hybrid (707)
The Jedi Code (Part 1) Vote_lcap2The Jedi Code (Part 1) Voting_bar2The Jedi Code (Part 1) Vote_rcap2 
Alcanor Story (633)
The Jedi Code (Part 1) Vote_lcap2The Jedi Code (Part 1) Voting_bar2The Jedi Code (Part 1) Vote_rcap2 
Master Alahew Kel-Revik (633)
Master Valryn Vynn (553)
Master Kael Sune (448)
Tanis Moon (400)
Chris Stordy (315)
Juranski (290)
JDawg (198)
Axle Steel (174)
Latest topics
» just saying hi
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm by Tanis Moon

» holenderskie domki caloroczne
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:59 pm by Guest

» swinoujscie apartamenty sprzedaz
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm by Guest

» noclegi zamosc cena
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm by Guest

» kolobrzeg apartamenty marta
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm by Guest

» domki letniskowe
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm by Guest

» hotele cieszyn
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm by Guest

» bieszczady domki wetlina
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:47 pm by Guest

» hotele accor w europie
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 pm by Guest

» noclegi wladyslawowo brzozowa
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm by Guest

» Long overdue pics of my Mandalorian Armor
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm by Axle Steel

» A Revival Is In Order..
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm by Master Valryn Vynn

» CHEVEYO (Spirit Warrior)
The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 am by Juranski

The Jedi Code (Part 1)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

The Jedi Code (Part 1) Empty
PostSubject: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:13 am

While the Jedi Code dictates a number if issues relating to understanding and mastering the Force, it is not entirely about that. A close examination of the Jedi Code helps to provide some insight not only into the way Jedi behave but also into the way following such strict rules help to foster a way of life conducive to averting the tempatation of the dark side. the Code is categorize into three subjects: self discipline, responsibility, & public service.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Self Discipline   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:18 am

Self Discipline

Self Discipline is one of the key factors of Jedi behavior, and many lessons taught to the Jedi from a very young age focus on this basic doctrine. At first, the lessons are simple and no different than the lessons taught to other children throughout the galaxy. But as the young Jedi grows, the lessons increase in complexity to emphasize the importance of a disciplined life.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:19 am

Conquer Arrogance: A Jedi is taught that he/she is no better than another being who cannot touch the Force. A Jedi is not a Jedi simply because somebody taught him to be one.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:22 am

Conquer Overconfidence: As young Jedi pupils learn of their Force-using abilities, they start to take on the behavior that they can do anything with that power. Jedi instructors teach these students to realize their limits so that they can accurately measure how far they can go, as well as understand their own limitations.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:27 am

Conquer Defeat: Possibly the greatest enemy a Jedi must face is the unshakable belief that nothing can be accomplished, regardless of the size of the task. A Jedi should plan for success before contemplating failure. Planning to fail increases the chance to fail, and expecting to lose encourages one to put forth insufficient effort.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:30 am

Conquer Stubbornness: A Jedi who focuses on a single goal or perspective loses sight of other possibilities, including ones that might better yield better results. A Jedi must learn that staying on one path or clinging to one point of view can be costly. A Jedi must keep his/her mind open and not be afraid to change with the situation.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:33 am

Conquer Recklessness: Young Jedi seem to anxious to master their lightsabers and charge into battle without thinking ahead and developing some form of plan. These Jedi lack self-restraint. Acting impulsively has many time led to the loss of life or limb and placed easily obtained goals out of reach. A Jedi must learn to pace himself at all times. be aware if unseen dangers and obstacles and not tumble headlong into them.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:37 am

Conquer Curiosity: All people, no matter how public their lives are entitled to their privacy. A Jedi who pokes into somebody's business unnecessarily not only invades an individual's private life but also brings shame upon the Jedi for acting so rudely and creating distrust. Using the force to do so only complicates matters further. The Force does not exist to serve one's curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:40 am

Conquer Aggression: For those less experienced in the ways of the Force, knowing the difference between attack, defense, and aggression does not come easily. A Jedi can attack even kill without aggression, especially if he/she is calm, at peace, and not filled with anger or hatred. However, killing one's opponent should not become a common act, and a Jedi must explore every alternative before employing lethal force.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:47 am

Conquer External Loyalties: A JEdi is free to have connections with others outside of the Order, but divided loyalties can compromise a Jedi's effectiveness. Other loyalties can distract him from from the task at hand and cause undue hardship for others. For this reason, the Jedi Order recruits students at a very young age and actively discourages relationships early in life that can create problems in the future. The Order also prohibits marriage without special permission from the High Council. A Jedi's loyalties should lie with the force, the Jedi Order, the Republic, & himself, in that order.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:51 am

Conquer Materialism: Life external loyalties, possessions can also be a distraction, A Jedi doesn't need to lead an ascetic life, but he/she learns to travel light, carrying with him/her only the bare essentials. Very few Jedi own more than what they carry.
Back to top Go down
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 5:33 am

I challenge anyone to point out ANYONE following this code and set of rules? How can we claim to be Jedi, while acting the way we have? This Guild is good. This Guild will survive, if we acknowledge our mistakes and seek change; seek a different outcome for next time...

If it exists, give me a list of three people who seek to actually BE JEDI here... Hmm? In all aspects of the definition: JEDI. I'd like to be a part of THAT list, wouldn't you? I would hope so, but I have yet to see the proof...
Back to top Go down
http://animatedmatt@aol.com
Chris Stordy
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Chris Stordy

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:35 am

Nobody is perfect my friend and while I don’t expect anybody to be. I have been trying to be the best Jedi I can be and would like to be part of that and if you feel I have not been the best Jedi let me know and I will try to improve upon my weaknesses i am here to be a Jedi and that is what i will strive to be will none of you join me?
Back to top Go down
Master Valryn Vynn
Master Of The Order
Master Of The Order
Master Valryn Vynn

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 2:45 pm

The mantle of Jedi is a heavy one my friends, and It comes with expectations that we as humans cannot expect to ever fully obtain. To do so would be against our nature and to change who we truly are. However, many of the demands of the Jedi are not drastic either and can be obtained if one is willing to change. I have done my best to follow the Code and its regulations, though I know I still have much more to learn. Being a Jedi is not something that can be done in an instant, it takes time and practice. Emotions are natural to us as people, and can be difficult to control to some, I believe we have all witnessed that. But again, these require patience and compassion to learn, something we are all capable of having. I dont expect all of you to like me, because chances are not all of you do, and I understand that, but at this time we need to embrace the inner Jedi within all of us and learn together what it takes to take up that legendary mantle and guide this guild for what it is: An Order of Jedi. So I tell you all now, that I am here to stay for the benefit of the Jedi Order and its multitude of members, until my time here is finished and my work completed. And I can guarantee all of you that I will put everything I have into making this a better place for everyone, until the day I leave. We all have our flaws and setbacks, but together we can look past them and savor that sliver of Jedi in all of us, and use it to rebuild this place, and each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Code (Part 1)   The Jedi Code (Part 1) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Jedi Code (Part 1)
Page 1 of 1